There are many reasons to visit Old Stone House & Washington Park!
- Our beautiful, interactive exhibit about the largest battle of the American Revolutionary War and what it was like to live in Brooklyn from 1776 – 1783
- Contemporary exhibits featuring work by emerging artists
- Gardens vibrant with native and useful plants, JJ Byrne playground’s swings and water play, basketball and handball courts, open synthetic turf field and dog run
- Sunday Farmers’ Market, 10 am – 4 pm year round
- A full calendar of events for families and adults
The Old Stone House is currently open for walk in visitation for up to 10 people at a time, on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from Noon-4 pm. If we have 10 visitors when you arrive, please wait to enter the museum.
Because of the interactive nature of our exhibit, face masks are required for all visitors over age 2 at all times during your visit to the Old Stone House. If you do not have a mask, OSH will provide one.
As a cultural institution, we abide by the parameters of Key to NYC. All OSH staff members are vaccinated. Visitors 5-11 and are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Visitors 12 and older are required to show proof they have received a full regimen of a COVID-19 vaccine. All visitors over 18 must also show a photo ID.
OSH is located at 336 Third Street, between 4th and 5th Avenues and 3rd and 4th Streets in Brooklyn, New York. We are accessible by the R (Union Street) and F (4th Avenue) trains, as well as the B63 bus. Street parking is available in the vicinity of the site. Both the permanent exhibit and the public restrooms are accessible.
We encourage you to visit our sister sites, to take in a fuller scope of New York City history:
Hendrick Lott House
Lefferts Historic House
Alice Austen House
Lewis Latimer House
Queens County Farm Museum
Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum
Edgar Allen Poe Cottage
Van Cortland House Museum
Dyckman Farmhouse Museum
Little Red Lighthouse
Merchants House Museum
Morris Jumel Mansion
Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre