Be a part of it! The Old Stone House gardens at Washington Park and MS 51 explore the innovations needed to reclaim our public space and respond to climate fluctuation.
Field Training at the Old Stone House Gardens begins April 18, 2017.
*NOTE NEW START DATE
Field Training Days:
8 Tuesdays 9am – 1pm
3 Saturdays, 10am – 2pm
More dates will be added as the season progresses. Contact Claudia Joseph @ firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Field Training at the Old Stone House Gardens goals:
- Practice the social and landscape design aspects of whole systems management.
- Learn design skills and biological gardening through hands-on experience and direct observation.
- Interact with a landscape designed specifically to survive climate chaos.
- Increase the dynamic life level – and thus the livability – of a landscape.
- Explore stewardship of an undefined public commons.
- Understand what makes a landscape useful.
Led by PINA certified permaculture educator and designer, Claudia Joseph.
Field Training sessions will be subject to weather conditions; heavy rains or winds over 20 mph will postpone classes. Make-up days will be on the Wednesday morning following the postponed date.
Claudia Joseph is certified in Permaculture education and Permaculture design by the Permaculture Institute of North America. Ms Joseph also holds a Diploma of Permaculture from Permaculture USA.